A broccoli and tomato "tree" with pretzel "trunk" and cauliflower "snow" are delicious dippers for a cool and creamy dip.
Christmas Tree Vegetable Platter
Creamy Herb Dip
- 1/2 cup sour cream or crème fraîche
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 14 grape tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 3/4 oz (about 40) pretzel sticks (from 15-oz bag)
- 1 In small bowl, stir together dip ingredients. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- 2 Rinse and thoroughly dry vegetables. Trim broccoli and cauliflower floret stems.
- 3 Arrange broccoli on serving platter to form tree shape and tomatoes to form garland. Arrange bell pepper to form star and cauliflower to form snow (see photo). If desired, cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- 4 Just before serving, arrange pretzels at bottom of tree to form trunk. Serve with dip.