- 10 boneless pork chops
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs, I used Panko
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for frying
- Pound each pork chop until just ¼ inch thick with the flat side of a meat tenderizer. Lightly season both sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. You need enough oil so that the schnitzels swim in it, about 1/2 inch.
- Place the flour mixture, egg, and breadcrumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls. Dip the chops in the flour, the egg, and then bread crumbs, coating both sides.
- Make sure the cooking oil is hot enough at this point.
- Fry the schnitzels for about 2-3 minutes on both sides until a deep golden brown. Transfer briefly to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve immediately over mashed potatoes
- I used Panko breadcrumbs because I find that the pork schnitzel comes out crispier but Italian breadcrumbs work just as well.
- I used pork cutlets because they are boneless and I find they are easier to work with and pound, but pork chops work as well, though I would remove the bones first.
- Serve these with lemon wedges, mustard and over mashed potatoes for an amazing meal.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Click Here For Source