I’ve tried to make blondies with what chocolate before but they turned out really weird – these ones look so delicious! I love the combination of chocolate and strawberries, perfect summer eating.
White Chocolate Strawberry BlondiesIngredients:
- 5 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and halved
- Report this ad
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line the bottom and sides of an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a slight overhang (this will help the blondies come out of the pan later). Butter parchment.
- In a double boiler or a bowl set over (but not touching) a pot of gently simmering water, melt chocolate and butter, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. At this point your batter should have cooled slightly to just above room temperature; it may appear to separate, that’s ok, it’ll get better.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, and salt and stir until just incorporated and no dry flour remains. Fold in strawberries. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is lightly golden and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Place pan on a wire rack and cool completely.
- Use the parchment paper to lift the bars out of the pan, then cut into 2-inch squares. Blondies can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.