I made this cake many times over the past couple of years. It never gets old, always a favorite with kids and yes, adults…..!!
Raspberry Cream Cheese Pretzel JelloIngredients :
- 6 oz package Raspberry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups salted pretzel sticks (before crushing)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick (8 Tbsp) unsalted butter
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese - softened
- 1 (8oz) package Cool Whip - thawed in the refrigerator
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 12 oz bag frozen raspberries - thawed in refrigerator
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine 6 Oz packet of Jell-O with 2 cups of boiling water and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Crush 2 cups of pretzels in a ziploc bag, using a rolling pin.
- Melt 1 stick of butter than add ¼ cup sugar in saucepan. Add pretzels and mix together.
- Lightly press pretzel mix into a 13x9 -inch pyrex dish and bake for 10 minutes at 350°F, then cool to room temperature.
- While pretzel mix is cooling down, beat 8 oz of cream cheese and ¾ cup sugar on medium/low speed until well-combined.
- Next, stir in Cool Whip using a spatula and mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture over cooled pretzels and go all the way to the edges of the dish to create a seal. You don't want the jello to leak into the pretzels. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Place raspberries evenly on top of the cream filling and pour Jell-O over raspberries and refrigerate until jello is set.