I made this twice one last year , following the recipe exactly and it did not harden to a fudge very sticky delicious but not fudge..
Old Fashioned Maple FudgeIngredients
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream (heavy cream)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup icing sugar
- Combine sugars, cream, butter, salt and maple syrup into a sauce pan.
- Place over medium heat, and bring to a boil.
- Lower temperature and continue to stir, let mixture cook out.
- To test fudge mixture after about 7 mins pour a little bit into cold water.
- You want it to each the soft ball stage, so it will actually look like a little ball sinking to the bottom of the glass.
- Remove from heat after it reaches this stage and add in your vanilla about 2 teaspoons worth.
- It will take about 10-15 mins for fudge to cool and thicken up, I like to use my kitchen aid standing mixer with the paddle attachment to beat the fudge into the consistency I like. Watch for your mixer starting to slow down. The mixture will get harder, once fudge starts becoming hard to stir turn off kitchenaid, if mixture is not stiffening up add stiffed icing sugar and continue mixing.
- The pour mixture into a buttered dish, then refrigerate.
Original Recipe Old Fashioned Maple Fudge : Click Here