I made this fudge and everyone really liked it. The second batch I used a peppermint frosting and kept the peppermint extract at the same amount. It was much more minty and we liked it better. We also used Ande's peppermint crunch baking chips on the top of the fudge. It really turned out fantastic.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 drops red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies
- Line a 9-in.-square pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt chips; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in frosting and extract. Spread into prepared pan. Randomly place drops of food coloring over fudge; cut through fudge with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with candies. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.