Made these for dinner this evening and they were fantastic! The sauce for the chops is awesome. Tastes almost identical to Jack Daniels sauce you get at TGIFridays..
Crunchy Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- 6 to 9 pork chops, not too thick
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp water
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- canola oil or vegetable for frying
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1 1/2 c honey
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 dash(es)cayenne pepper, or to your taste
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Whisk the eggs and 4 tablespoons water in a shallow dish.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder in another shallow dish.
- Dip the chops in the flour, then over into the egg, then back over into the flour mixture again.
- This is what puts the extra crispy coating on the chops.
- Be sure to get plenty of flour on this last coating, then shake them a little and place in a pan with about a half inch of oil.
- Be sure the oil is hot, but not too hot or the chops will cook too fast. You need to get it good and hot and then turn to about medium.
- Cook for about 6 minutes on each side. Try not to turn more than twice or your breading will come off.
- Remove from the pan to a 9x13 baking dish.
- Saute the garlic a little in the butter. Add the honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, cayenne and garlic.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to low and simmer for about 5 minutes. Watch this carefully because it will foam and might boil over.
- Pour 1/2 of the glaze over the pork chops. Flip them over and pour the other 1/2 over the other side.
- Place uncovered in a preheated 350 oven for about 20-25 minutes. This sets the glaze and finishes them to be sure they are cooked through.