Great snack for everyone, or the for kids lunches or even as an after school treat! Serve for breakfast with yogurt and fruit or over ice cream for dessert.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Position rack to middle of oven and preheat to 300*.
- Lightly spray large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Mix next 5 ingredients in large bowl.
- combine oil, honey and sugar in small saucepan; bring to simmer over medium heat.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour hot liquid over oat mixture; stir well.
- Using hands, toss mixture until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread granola on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, stirring occasionaly, about 30 minutes (but check after 20).
- Transfer sheet to rack; cool granola completely.
- (Can be made two weeks ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.) Makes about 8 cups.