This is similar to many Baked Pasta dishes but with the distinct flavors of pizza. I created this recipe yesterday and took it to a dinner party as the main dish. It was a big hit and every woman there asked for the recipe.
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage, 'country mild' (or other flavor if desired)
- 1 large onion, medium size chopped (cooked with sausage)
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce (I used Bertolli's Tomato & Basil)
- 1/2 lb cubed cooked ham
- 1/2-1 lb of sliced pepperoni
- 3 (8 ounce) bags of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al denté.
- Cook sausage, garlic powder and oregano with onions until the juices run clear.
- In a lightly greased 9x13x3 inch pan, pour a small amount of sauce to lightly coat bottom.
- Layer ingredients in the order listed below.
- 1st layer-1/3 of the pasta, 1/3 remaining sauce, 1 bag of mozzarella cheese, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, sausage and onions.
- 2nd layer-1/2 of the remaining pasta, 1/2 remaining sauce, 1 bag of mozzarella cheese, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, ham.
- 3rd layer-all remaining pasta, all remaining sauce, 1 bag of mozzarella cheese, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese,all the pepperoni(completely covering the entire top with pepperoni).
- Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.