An easy way to do macaroni and cheese when there is little time until dinner. No baking required.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour, salt and pepper; slowly add milk.
- Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce; stir to coat.