Make 4 servings.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 11-ounce cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 2 10 3/4-ounce cans cream of celery soup
- 1 large Turkey skinned, cooked, boned and cubed
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 cup cooked butternut squash, diced
- 2 cup cranberry sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the crust, dust surface with flour. Cut 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry into 1-inch strips, 8 inches long. On a large cookie sheet, weave strips into a lattice large enough to cover each pot pie. Mix egg and milk together and brush onto each lattice square. Bake for 5 minutes. Dough will rise and turn light golden brown. Set aside until ready to assemble pies.
- In a large saucepan heat the milk and soups. Stir in turkey, onion, squash, cranberries and salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil. In an oven-proof pot, fill with mixture and top with the pre-cooked lattice square.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes until bubbly and puff pastry is deep golden brown.
- Cutting the puff pastry with a fluted-wheel creates elegant edges.
- Good substitutions for cheddar cheese soup are cream of chicken soup and cream of mushroom soup.