Fudgy brownies. Creamy pumpkin and cream cheese swirl. Yummy!
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 box Betty Crocker® Premium Brownies Ultimate Fudge
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 9-inch square pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In small bowl, beat all filling ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Set aside.
- 2 Make brownie batter as directed on box, using 1/4 cup oil, 2 tablespoons water and the egg.
- Spread 3/4 of the batter in pan. Spoon filling by tablespoonfuls evenly over batter. Spoon remaining brownie batter over filling.
- Cut through batter several times with knife for marbled design.
- 3 Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted 1 inch from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely.
- Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
You can freeze brownies for up to six months. Wrap them up individually and they'll be ready for packing in lunches.