Is it a cookie or is it a tart ? :) My favorite is lemon. I have made these tarts filled with Bailey's Chocolate Mousse. Also banana cream or coconut pie filling will work nicely to.
Lemon Cookie Tarts
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk (use only if the filling is to thick) (optional)
- 1/2 cup lemon curd (lemon pie filling, mousse or any kind of pie filling)
- In food processor pulse sugar, powdered sugar and butter till creamy. Can be done with electric beaters as well.
- Mix rest of ingredients except lemon curd and sweetened condensed milk, mix until a smooth dough is formed.
- Chill 15 minutes wrapped in plastic wrap.
- Spray mini muffin tins with Pam.
- Measure 1 Tbsp of dough.
- Roll into ball place one in each hole of mini tart pan.
- Using your thumb make a centre with the dough making sure that the dough in uniform size all around and not to thin on the top.
- Bake at 350�F for 9 minutes or until dough is slightly firm but not set. They may close up during cooking.
- Remove tart shells from oven working quickly and using the back of a rounded 1/2 tsp measuring spoon gently press a shallow indentation in each shell. (Don't let them cool or it will be harder to get them to form a shell).
- Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until edges of shells are firm and golden.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove from pan and transfer to cooling rack, if they need more shaping you can do that now.
- Cool completely before filling. Can be made to this point and frozen (but thaw to room temp before filling).
- For the filling mix together purchased or homemade lemon curd and sweetened condensed milk.
- Put a small amount of powdered sugar in a sieve and shake a little on the top of each tart, garnish with a long piece of lemon zest.