This was my Mom's recipe. Easy and quick to make. Apples and walnuts are packed into a cinnamon spiced blonde brownie. Always a hit when I bring it to parties. Very moist and great to make in the fall when apples are plentiful
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 medium apples - peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together the melted butter, sugar, and egg until fluffy. Fold in the apples and walnuts.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture until just blended.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.