Just made this as muffins for my husband's birthday- they are amazing! My husband better hurry home or they will be gone!
- 2c flour
- 2c sugar
- 1 tsp soda
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup plus 1 TB vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt (I only used about 3/4 tsp sea salt)
- (I also added a tiny bit of vanilla)
- (Also I added 1/2 c raisins...but probably coulda been 3/4 - 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sift together flour, sugar, soda, and salt.
- Beat in oil and eggs. ( I just did it by hand)
- Mix carrots and cinnamon together in a separate bowl.
- Put cinnamon carrots in batter.
- At this time you fold in raisins and nuts if you choose.
- Bake in 9X9 pan for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/4 butter softened (1 stick)
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 TB milk
- 1-2 TB vanilla
- (I added 1 cup chopped pecans)
- Cream butter and cream cheese
- Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time
- Add liquids.
- Adjust with liquids and powdered sugar alternating if necessary.
- Frost cake when cake is completely cooled.
- Top frosting with chopped nuts if desired.
- Store cake covered in fridge.